Lycra is the new age fabric that is available with Lycra Fabric Wholesalers in Kolkata at reasonable cost. Here’s a write-up on lycra as a new-age fabric.
Lycra is also called Spandex and is a synthetic fibre which is a polyetherpolyurea copolymer. Lycra was invented by a chemist named Joseph Shivers at DuPont laboratory. It is also called elastane or Spandex. Observed carefully it can be seen that Spandex is actually anagram of expands? It was named so because of high elasticity of the fiber. It is more popularly known as Lycra though Lycra is the brand name of Spandex of DuPont company. It is commonly called Elastane or near about forms of the name in Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, etc. In UK, Ireland, Australia, Portugal, New Zealand it is called Lycra. In India also it is called Lycra. Lycra is a new age fabric and used both by the fashion industry and sportswear industry. Due to its high demand and emerging popularity, there are many Lycra Fabric Wholesalers in Kolkata, which store high grade Lycra fabric today. Lycra is in demand today in the sports industry as a sportswear.
- In sports it is used as compression garment that is used to improve blood circulation and reduce the build-up of lactic acid.
- It is used as a hold up garment.
- Because it is stretchable, it allows flexibility of the wearer – something which is very much essential in sports.
These days Lycra is used even in fashion industries due to the following reasons:
- It does not crease and is a low maintenance fabric. It doesn’t require frequent washing and dries much faster.
- The elasticity makes it quite often to be used as shape-wear.
- It is a lasting fabric and does not get torn.
- Because it is elastic, it gives figure hugging look that enhances the wearer’s look.
- Because it is stretchable, usage of it as clothing makes it a ‘free size’ material. For example, the leggings that are made of Spandex or Lycra are worn by women of different sizes make the experience of wearing comfortable enough.
- Lycra as clothing material is available in different varieties.
- The digitally printed variety looks good and trendy kurtis or tops. Being a soft fabric, it is in much demand. Also it is less expensive than other fabrics like cotton.
- Plain single toned variety is good as tops as well as leggings.
- Because it requires no ironing and dries easily, it is good as a daily wear
- Lycra that is printed looks nice as material for short dresses, skirts, kurtis tops etc. These materials are used for making sarees as well.
Lycra is a fabric of the new generation and for modern woman who lacks time to wash, iron or maintain clothes regularly, Lycra is the perfect choice for fabric. There is perhaps not a single person who does not own at least one lycra garment.